Monday, February 13, 2006

The Saga Continues...

Ok, so I left off with Brianna and her bleeding head. But just wait. So I finally get all of the kids back to the cabin, teeth brushed, and pajama's on, and lights out. So they are all laying in bed and I use this opportunity to pray, right? Cuz their all laying down and sleepy, so I prayed for everything I could think of. All of the missionaires in Zambia and everything. So they are all out like a light, and I am just about to crawl into bed and crash (which may be accounted for by the six IB profeun I took prior to cabin devos) when I hear, "Miss Elizabeth, I can't sleep." Now if this had come from anyone other than Brianna, miss I have the worst counselor in the world who let me go sledding on my head, I would've showed little to no compassion, but do to the circumstances I felt obligated to stay up with her. She was six, so bed time at like 12am at the latest right? Wrong. I crawled into bed after she fell asleep and looked at my alarm clock, which proudly read 3:47am. This wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to get up at 5am the following morning. Ahh yes, so 1 hour and 15 minutes later I was up and at it.
Saturday, Day Two:
Ok, so I'm dead tired, and I mean dead tired. A whole new dimension of tired and exhausted. And, just like clockworth the little rascles wake up at 7am. Then, it's all to the sink where we stand for about thirty minutes as I single handedly lift each of their little bodies up so they can reach the sink. Now that's luv, admit it. Anywho, after that, it's breakfast, and then the most dangerous part of the day, the gym activity simple called "the War." Basically, there's thirty+ flat playground balls that the kids get to whip at eachother for thirty minutes. After the 50th injury, I just started telling the kids to suck it up. Well one girl in particular kept whining about her ankle and I thought she was just being dumb and wimpy, so I told her to walk it off. We get back to the chapel, about a good mile from the tubing hill, and the nurse informs me that this girl's ankle is actually broken. Great. So I told the girl with the broken ankle to "walk it off" nice.
Campers Leave (Boo Hoo)-
So I get the campers all loaded up and back on the bus and on their way home. One of my girls by the way, Brianna, the one with the scraped face, accepted Jesus into her heart which was such a HUGE blessing. So the great cleanup begins for the rest of the camp staff, myself included, as we sweep and pillage and wash everything in sight.
So we are all done right, and we hop into my little car and the car won't go. Well, it'll go, but not more than two miles and hour, not exactly a good pace. So we pull over after we start smelling this beyond disgusting smell, and then the car runs fine, go figure. O and by the way, some nice old dude gave us 80 bucks for dinner, talk about a huge answer to prayer. So all in all it was one of the best weekends that I've had in awhile and definitely one of the better weekends since I've come to college.
More Later, hope you enjoyed...Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home