Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's a Morning Person's World

"If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it wil be taken as a curse."
- Proverbs 27:14


As far back as King Solomon, some people are made to be morning people and others are more nocturnal. We all know people who get up and the first thing they do is flick on the light, the coffee pot, and then start singing. They bounce into the shower and bounce into the bathroom, like brushing their teeth is the greatest thing that ever happened to the human race. Then, there are night people. People who sleep like a rock after 6 am, and feel like it's time to party like it's '99 until 4am. However, they do sleep through the better part of the day, usually rising about 2 to 3 in the afternoon. I confess, I am the latter. I would rather go to the dentist than get up prior to 8am. Seriously, I'm not joking. Also, the idea of going to bed at 8, just when the good tv is coming on, is not appealing either. I'd rather pull an all nighter than get up at 4 and start studying. Sometimes I guess, I end up snapping at people who mess with me prior to my great awakening. Now, I don't care what some people may say, regardless of your sleeping pattern you need to be civil to everyone at all times. But, when I wake up to, "I can't find my keys!" or "Get out of bed your being way too lazy" I tend to get a little fired up. So, after reading an article online that dare suggest that someone rise TWENTY TO FORTY minutes earlier than usual in order to give them a better outlook on life. The nerve!!! But, lo and behold, I've tried it, and I hate to say it, it works. For some reason, getting up earlier and eating breakfast, a meal which I didn't know exisited, actually helps the day go by. As Franklin said, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." I have yet to see the wealthy part, but may it work. And for all of you who are thinking this is ridiculous, the shower singing, flip on the light people, just wait, King Solomon was the wisest guy every, and definitely a night owl. More Later, liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home