Thursday, February 02, 2006

Coincidences Are Really "God Things"

Ok, so here's a thought! Coincidences are really God things. For example, last night. Was it a coincidence that I went to Calvary Baptist Church, and that it was a special class night, and that I ended up in the class with a lady who used to go to church with me, or that she needed me to be there to get through her presentation, or that I needed to be there to get my focus off of myself and back on what was really important? Or that through the entire night we were able to both reflect on what God has done through the life and death of her first husband? Or that I felt the sudden urge to offer her someone to watch her child, and that she told me she had been praying for someone to watch her child for her, someone to be her friend? Was it a coincidence that once I finally told God I would go anywhere he wanted me to go as long as he would show me, that Maranatha called on the phone and asked me to come? Is it a coincidence that God provides down to the penny what I need to go to school, and still leaves enough money for me to have a little social life? Is it coincidence that I'm in a place where we are encouraged to grow and love God, or that so many people here love me and are praying for me? I don't think so. I think it's God, I know it's God. More Later...

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger jules said...

thanks for that, liz. it's so true... how many times do we need God to show us that it's not about us. i needed that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home