Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste Better As Dough


There is something about chocolate chip cookies that is special. Almost anyone can make them, whether or not you know much about baking. And if you don't burn them, or use two cups of baking soda instead of flour, they usually taste pretty good. Even better then the cookies though is the dough. Whenever I get together with my family, I always eat the dough, and I might add, I've never gotten salmonella from the uncooked eggs.
Maybe it's because I eat dough with a bunch of friends while talking, laughing and singing. Maybe it's because we grew up being told by Mom, "Don't eat the dough!" But whatever the reason, my friends and I agree that chocolate chip cookies definitely taste better as dough.
And you know what ? I've learned that that's true about a lot of things in life. It's so easy to look ahead and imagine how wonderful life will be when we "graduate from college" or "when I'm twenty-one" or "when I find the guy." But today is all we are guaranteed. What if today is the best part. If we're always waiting for and dreaming about the finished product, we can miss out on what's really the best!!! Like today for example. I spent the last hour hanging a plastic shower curtain from a tension rod that my roomate and found at Wal-mart. I have huge paper due in a week and a half that I should've written all day. Now I'm not saying procrastinate, but sometimes life gives you precious minutes that you'll regret forever if you don't embrace. So yes, I have a long night of paper writing ahead of me, but no, I don't regret a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home