Monday, April 23, 2007

Like the ugly girl at the beginning of the movie...


If I could video tape each day of my life and play it back at the conclusion of each day, I'd probably submit most of them to America's Funniest Home Videos (if it's still on). There are days like today especially, when everything feels like a practical joke, like if you paused one moment while it happend and could say, "This is the part of my life where I..." and fill in the blank, you'd feel sorry for me and then laugh histerically. Don't get me wrong, life is good. It's just funny. The following are a few examples of stupid things that I have done over the last three days:

1) Went to my cousin's birthday at the roller 'rena-though some cute guy was holding out his hand for me during the couple's skate, when I realized after the fact his girlfriend was skating behind me

2) Wore a thin flouncey skirt and had a Marylin Monroe moment-in the church parking lot

3) Slipped and fell on our new kitchen hardwood floor really hard-so hard the neighbor kid (who was at our house) asked if the fridge fell over

4) Turned up the speaker on my cell phone (accidentally) in the library so when my friend called and asked if I was still going tanning, everyone knew exactly what my afternoon plans were

5) Made a huge deal about how I had all my projects done, and then being publically reminded by the teacher about the paper I still had due for him

6) Shredding my nylons after tripping on my Barbie heels-in center court

7) Breaking my shoe on the way to the Welcome Center to pick up the paper-which wasn't there

8) Reaching with the tongs for a sandwhich while not paying attention-and thus accidentally picking up the sandwhich off of someone elses plate

9) Hitting my head on the pole underneath my bunk so loudly it woke my roomate up

10) Sitting down on a wheely chair in the library-while the chair wheeled right out from under me

Well, there's just 10 of the classic video clips of the past few days-I can only imagine what the rest of this week will bring...

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a.) I love that movie...especially her "drumming" incident :o)

b.) now your life sounds a little more like mine! You should start a tag for clumsiness. I need to post another oopsadaisy sometime...there sure are plenty of them.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hey, girl! Sorry you had a rough day. I know how you feeling. Being at the hospital....I have done many stupid things.....like take someones blood pressure for a nurse (so that she could give a med).....and it was the wrong patient! Ah! Yeah, I felt pretty stupid! Loves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home