Friday, December 29, 2006

In His Shoes...

Three hours to live. 180 minutes. Not even enough time to watch The Sound of Music and have a decent intermission. An empty prison cell with your last meal on the table and a clock ticking on the wall. Utter quietness except for the ticking of the clock and the beating of your heart. Death by Hanging, that's your sentence. You can do nothing to escape or somehow avoid your fate. 179 minutes.
He deserves it. No doubt about it. Killing thousands, possible hundreds of thousands of people deserves nothing less but death itself. Death by hanging would not necessarily be my mode of choice, yet that is his fate chosen by the people he hurt. Yet my sick and twisted mind cannot help but place myself in his shoes right now. What would I do if I was to be executed in less than 3 hours? What would I order for my last meal? Not to be dark and cynical and all, but what would you do? I think I wouldn't cry or brood, in fact, I'd probably just type a little faster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home