Friday, December 08, 2006

Don't Forget to Remember...

Today was the last day of classes for this fall semester. It really feels like the semester has just started, and in many ways, the lessons that I have begun to learn are still with me. When I first sat down to write this, I was positive I would be able to sum up a semester in one word, yet, upon further review, I cannot. Below are listed a few of what I think are the best memories from this semester.
-Surviving and eventually thriving in Early American Political Thought
~perhaps the hardest class I've ever taken and definitely the most boring
-The Importance of Being Earnest
~Ok Crew! Finding the courage to try out when I didn't even want a part, initially.
-Making new friends and strengthening relationships with old ones
~JILL BUSSE!!!!, Justin Jones, Katie Walton, Allison Stephens, and of course Brandi, Morgan...
-Taking long walks in the park with a friend at night
~Wednesday night venting sessions with Lydia
-Falling on my face and picking back up
~Checking my e-mail instead of working, etc.
-Realizing how frail life really is
~Great car flipping ordeal, where the only thing that died was La Honda
-Learning that my actions have consequences, good or bad
~well, learning that lesson from my good friends who cannot be left alone...
-Spending the weekend with friends
~Staying with Fraser and friends at his house was amazing! Love you guys!
-Laughing and Crying through friends trials and my own
~Brandi's home, my mom's pregnancy, Julie's sister's scan...
-Eating salads from McDonalds the first day back
~and spilling all over the floor
-Qudoba
~Yes the door stop burrito!
-Gurnee Mills Shopping Weekend
~Just mom and cuz cuz...well and the American Express card
-Getting a new Job
~Yes, working at Blaine Myron's Library, I pity thee if you are confused
-Watching my brother score the overtime soccer goal giving his team 1st in State
~Still brings a tear to my eye
-Having friends from home stay with me
~Mandy Dunford, got to love that girl!
-It is true to have "loved and lost than to have never loved at all"
~Relationships are a gift and a curse
-Day after Thanksgiving Shopping
~Seeing Jill's face when the alarm went of at 3:30-then running through Target
-Sending Lydia on Band Tour and helping set up the exercise disaster
~Filling a duffel bag with Immodium AD and Peanut Butter
-Watching good friends like Stephanie Davis, Katy Vangen, and others as they prepare for life
~You are so fun and such an example! I'll miss you forever!!
-Winning Spirit Week
~And to think we captured the President
-The first chapel with the I-Pres.
~Kudos to Dr. Oats for restoring unity to the Student Body after a difficult summer
-Writing an extra paper for Dr. Saxon, and turning it in
~Overachiever or Dumb Blond?
All in all A Great Semester! I'll see you back here next January, or whenever the Lord chooses to bring us together again!

"Wherever you go, Go with all your heart."

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger jules said...

and once again, i just love your posts. i don't know how you completely and wonderfully sum up the best things in such memorable ways.

so here's props to you for touching a heart...

love you, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home