Saturday, June 24, 2006

Live from New York-It's Saturday Night!!!





Above are the Pictures from these two days!

Figured you'd all be dying to read this, so I figured I should post a little bit from the beginning of the trip. So far I've had so much fun I can hardly stand it. So I hope this works, but I'm going to try to post some pictures-keep your fingers crossed.

Day One-
Well, today we packed the bus pretty much all night long. All of the kids luggage was supposed to be there by like 6 pm. Unfortunately for the bus packing crew, the last suitcase arrived at about 9:30 pm. This means that the entire bus had to be packed and unpacked a total of three times to get everything in. Let's just say we were extremely packed into that thing. Sleeping bags were shoved in next to the carry-ons in the bulkhead, and I had my duffel bag, another bag, my purse, my pillow, and two blankets all shoved in my two seats, praise the Lord I had two seats. Got to love those sponsor privileges. Then we left Green Bay at about 11:45 pm CST.

Day Two-
Well, we'd been on the bus for exactly 25 hours befor we saw the beautiful Manhattan skyline. Needless to say, the troops were a little cranky. None the less, we could not talk the group leader, Pastor Dave, out of his idea of sightseeing the very night we got there, without going to the church where we were staying first, great idea. So we went to the World Trade Center Site-a place that always makes me tear up and renew my patriotism, drove through Times Square, where it always looks like the middle of the day it's so bright, and finally a quick look at the Empire State building.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger jules said...

OOOO! so fun :) i can't wait to know more!!! miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home