Sunday, February 19, 2006

Still Stranded, perhaps tomorrow...

Yup. Still stranded here. Hopefully the car part will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Luckily, this weekend went by kida qucikly- I went to a play, intramural basketball tournament, and got to hang out and watch the Olympics by myself in a dorm sup's apartment-a welcome change from my four walls. Anywho-I thouroughly enjoy solitude and the television-nothing better than being left with nothing to think about. That's the beautiful thing about the television set, it has a wonderful ability to shut out everything from your mind save the pepsi commercial and the insurance company. Now, if you are truely unlucky, you'll get a commercial that reminds you of your trouble. For example, yesterday I saw an ad for the Nissan Altima-which brought back terrible memories of my poor little car dying. O well right-we're above the circumstances right? That's what I learned in church this morning-another proof that I was supposed to stay here. Weird. Anyway, here's the little spiritual pick me up that I forgot to write earlier--

"You have two options- One, you can complain about the bad things in your life that you can't change, making yourself and those around you miserable. Or two, you can take the bad things that happen and try to discover what good God can bring out of them."
That statement has meant so much to me, especially since I came to school. It would be very easy to sit back and whine and complain about all of the bad things that are happening and ignore the rest of life and all of the very good things that are happening. For example, last semseter I thought I had hit bottom when I was laying in the emergency room all by myself on my eighteenth birthday. I was away from home for the first time in all of my birthdays, and in the emergency room for the first time as well. Pretty sure I was feeling really really really sorry for myself, and at the time I felt that I had good reason too. But as I laid there I had the um privelge? of hearing some of the other doctor's conversations with thier patients. Long story short, I figured out that I had it pretty good. At least I wasn't dying to the best of my knowledge, right? I guess I learned how to choose the right option by choosing the wrong one alot. Does that make any sense? I guess if you've been down the road of self pitty alot the rest of the other choice has got to be better- Anyway, today I'm going to try to make the right choice again, and not feel depressed about the car, and focus on the good things in my life--like my cuz cuz and mandy coming to visit in like two days!!!!! More later thanks for reading, liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home