Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Monday-Wednesday, Thursday, and Finally Friday


Sorry this trip diary is taking soo long, I've been trying to work two jobs, volunteer with my youth group, keep in touch with my friends, spend time with my family, and o yeah, sleep and eat. Anyway Monday through Wednesday were identical trip days. Up at 8, breakfast, missions meeting, cleaning, power nap, lunch, canvassing and street preaching (they wouldn't let me street preach, still bitter), dinner, war/VBS in the park, missions meeting, shower time (best time of the day) and bed, usually around 1am. Crazy huh? well no one said a missions trip was going to be easy and fun. Shower time was always an adventure. The church had a definit cochroach (spelling?) problem. O yeah, and despite what people say, they like water. They were all over the shower as you took one. Now for those of you who know me, I'm usually a trooper and can handle just about any disgusting situation, however this was not the case. These disgusting bugs were like, five inches+ in length, plus antennea. Anyway, thrusday was our last official day in the city, and we had probably the best day i've had in a loooong time. We began the day with a brisk morning walk through downtown Manhattan. You could smell the bistros and Starbucks and feel the night slowly drift away and the morning smell come. For those of you who haven't been to NYC, that didn't make any sense to you. Then we went to St. Patricks cathedral, a very religious church in the city. It's also very Catholic. Buried there are people like Joe DeMaggio, Babe Ruth, and a whole lotta bishops. It was not a Christian place, but religious places like thath have always provided me with a chance to quietly rededicate my life/ministry. I know it sounds dumb, but hey, it's me. After that it was to NBC studio's for a tour of tv's most watched network. There we saw the studio for NBC sports, the late show with Conan O'Brian, SNL, and Dateline. After NBC it was off to Rockefeller Center for lunch and shopping, or in my case lunch and caffeine pills. Then it was shopping on Canal Street, more about that later...

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger jules said...

sounds SCARY! roaches!?!?!? YIKES! you are so brave ;) good to hear about your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home