Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Night Lights...

Well, I made it. The week is over and it is officially Friday night here at MBBC. I'm working at the library this evening, so I apologize in advance if this blog becomes reflective in nature, it just sort of happens when I'm in this building. Anyway, something magical happens here on Friday nights, I really can't quite explain it. It's like the entire student body breathes a sigh of relief. It's Friday night, you can do anything you want because you have all weekend to finish your paper. It's Friday night, you can ask that guy out because you want to go out, and it is, after all Friday night. It's Friday night, and you have the power for a few short hours to completely control you destiny. It's Friday night, and you have absolutely nothing to do. You are feeling very guilty because you have failed once again to prepare in advance for that paper due Monday. It's Friday night, and you are much too self concerend to ask that guy out, because your fear of rejection is amazing. It's Friday night, and you really don't feel like going anywhere in particular, or doing anything that fantastic. This begs you to ask yourself that dreaded question, "Am I a Friday Night Buzzkill?" Am I that girl that no one asks out because she could go shopping and fill up the bags underneath her eyes with all her purchases, because she looks like she hasn't slept in a week? Am I the girl that has no where to go because she chooses not to go anywhere, or am I just too afraid? Am I the girl who is so concerned about her future that she wonders if she will ever be able to relax and not stress over the paper? There will always be something due Monday, there will always be that one wonderful guy you just can't stop thinking about no matter how much you try. There will always be that destination that is scary and requires greater courage than you ever thought you'd have to get there. But will you be brave enough to put the project aside? Brave enough to pick up the phone and call him, and completely put yourself out there? Brave enough to get in the car and just go? I don't know the answer, and I'm scared that I will allow my fear of due dates, rejection, and adventure to keep me from ever really experiencing life. I don't want any answers, I just want to send these question out into this cosmic cyberspace and let them float away...

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Liz said...

you are always so encouraging...lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home