Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday!


First of all, Happy Birthday to me! It's been exactly one year since my last birthday (duh), and my eventful stay at the Watertown Hospital. That's right, one year ago today I was admitted to the hospital and would have to, as it turns out, get my gall bladder removed. Disgusting huh? Anyway, I spent my eighteenth b-day laying in a hospital bed, watching old soap opera re-runs. So today has been a much better day, considering I am A) Not in the hospital, B) one year older and wiser, and C) Not in the hospital. Ah-hem, on another note, why did birthday celebrations change from elementary school to college. For example, in elementary school, your birthday was the biggest day of the year. You brought a treat to school, went to school in your new clothes, got balloons taped to your locker, got to be first in line for everything, everyone in the class sang to you, you had a big sleep over at your house after school that you looked forward to the entire year. Sometimes, if you were fortunate enough, your parents even took you to some awesome place like Totally Tubular, or Chuckie Cheese. Now, your in college, and your birthday consists of a phone call from your mom, a Happy Birthday from the groggy roomate across the hall, after you remind them that it is your birthday, and if your fortunate, a piece of paper from the business office, congratulating you on a Happy Birthday, with your name spelled wrong. O and do not forget the smashed cupcake that the Post Office people feel they can fit into your little 4X4 mail box slot. Ah yes, Happy Birthday...

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Liz said...

O NO! Brandi I loved my birthday in everyway! I was just commenting on how times have changed! Applebeens was the best thing that ever happend to me! Honest! Luv you all and thanks SOO much for everything!!!!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger jules said...

hahaa :) happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home