Friday, October 13, 2006

Lesson Revisited...


As a little girl, I remember I wanted Don't Wake Daddy for my birthday. I made several obvious mentions of the game, watched the commercial daily, and begged and begged and begged for it. The big birthday party came, and I got dozens of wonderful presents, things that were more precious and would last longer than Don't Wake Daddy. Yet, at the end of the party, I was still deep down depressed for not receiving Don't Wake Daddy.
Looking back on that selfish moment of my life, one of many unfortunately, happend the other day while watching old tv commercials. I saw the commercial, and then remembered the game. Funny how I have the other gifts still, and treasure most of them as my most precious possessions, but had forgotten all about the game.
Sometimes I treat my Heavenly Father the same way, and I have to learn that lesson all over again. Often I beg God for one thing in particular, and even when I get something better, I still go back to that one thing. I am again beginning to see that God's ultimate plan for my life includes only what's best for me, even if I think I should get something that I deem "better". So, again, I revisited that old lesson, and realized, that even if I think I need something, or even really want something, it's not always the best thing.
But Godliness with Contentment is Great Gain....

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger jules said...

liz, that is so true. i like your example story. i think we all probably have things like that to look back on.
and thanks for our chat on your birthday day! i REALLY enjoyed that and left feeling so encouraged :) thanks friend!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home