Sunday, March 12, 2006

Haunted Houses, Ice Cream, Hot Pot Facials, and the Phillippians...


Friends are the family we choose. What a great quote huh? Last night for example. I got a bunch of my friends together and all jumped in a car and drove waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere, county X actually, and saw a really super freaky abandoned old house. What's worse than just driving past a freaky house? Well, it was night, thunder and lightning out, and they made me stop and turn out my headlights and ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS!!! How Crazy is that? After being so freaked out that I almost soiled myself, we drove to Wal-mart where we bought all the stuff for some serious ice cream. Then after we had stuffed ourselves full, we broke out the hot pot and a towel and some scrub and gave ourselves hotpot facials and told scary stories!!! This morning it's beautiful out and we all went to church together where the pastor talked about Phillippians and how their church was started. I guess the thing that most set the Phillippians apart was their joy and utter happiness, even in the midst of trouble. That made me think about my own life and how I respond to all circumstances. No matter what the days bring, if they are fun and enjoyable like the past two days were, or hard and trying, like finals are going to be, we need to "Count it all joy" no matter what. Also, we need to realize that as Christians all things work together for good if we love God and stay in his perfect will for our lives. And, I can now say from experience, if you are in the center of God's will, he will give you joy, happiness, peace, and GOOD TIMES WITH FRIENDS!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home